• Valentino Rossi is still leading the World Championship 18 years after he won his first.
• Jeff Gordon will enter the final race of his 24 year NASCAR career in championship contention.
• Juan Pablo Montoya almost won the IndyCar title – it would’ve been his first since 1999.
• Mark Webber looks good to win the 2015 World Endurance Championship. At 39 years of age it will be his first title of any kind.
• Jason Plato almost won the BTCC title (his 17th season) and Craig Lowndes can still win the V8 Supercar championship having first won the title back in 1996.
In a sport where youth is the trend, experience still counts for a lot.